Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Some Nagging Injuries

Hey guys, now that finals are over and winter is in full swing, this blog is about to get ramped back up! Expect a post at least once a week from now until April.

A little update on my injuries: I got back into GS gates at the beginning of December and the knee felt great. I then upped my training volume and started some full length GS just a few days after that. One day after training I felt a little pain in my knee, so I decided to take a couple days off. When I returned to skiing after a break, my knee still hurt quite a bit, so I took another day off. When that didn’t help my pain, I decided to go to Park City to get it checked out. After an MRI and a couple visits with Dr. Cooley at Park City hospital, I found out that I have a decently bad bone bruise. Treatment for this injury is pretty simple- rest, spinning on the stationary bike, and icing the knee quite a bit. Unfortunately it’s a slow healing process (3-4 weeks), but I should be ready to go to Europe on Jan. 1!


I am planning on taking my training a bit slow right now to prevent any further injuries.  For now, it’s a lot of training and a lot of gym time, trying to get strong! I don’t plan on racing until I am fully up to speed. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment