Tuesday, March 12, 2013

World Junior Championships


This past week I competed in the Junior World Championships. When I was named to the WJC team 2 weeks ago, I was thrilled and excited to race in such a big event. I knew there were going to be some outstanding skiers that I was going up against, and I knew I was going to have to throw down solid runs to compete with them. What I did not know was how much fun it it was going to be. In the back of my mind, for some reason, I thought the Europeans were way different from the Americans. When I was over in Europe earlier this year, I saw how serious they take skiing racing over there. I never really made an attempt to meet them though. This past week, I made it a goal to talk and mingle with the skiers from other countries…they are incredibly cool, and have just as much fun as we do traveling the world and doing what we love most—ski racing.

Although I did not have any super crazy results in Quebec, Canada, I managed to get 15th in the Super-G at Le Massif. It was an amazing week racing with thebest ski racers in the world under the age of 21, and a great experience to have in preparation for next year’s WJCs in Slovakia!

I just had a good week of training in Vermont, and now I am in Calgary/ Nakiska for Nor-Am Finals followed by a trip to California to race in US Nationals at Squaw Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment