Thursday, January 2, 2014

Euro Trip 2014 Begins


My last blog was almost 2 weeks ago. Since then I raced in the Vail Nor-Ams and spent some time training at the home hill, Wachusett.

Unfortunately, the Vail Nor-Ams did not go nearly as well as they did last season. On the first day of GS, I was fortunate enough to start in the first 15 and started 9. I had a good first run going, finishing 4th and 5th on the first two intervals. But some peely snow down bottom caused me some trouble and finished 55th. My goal for second run was to just have a solid run and ski into the top 30 to score some Nor-Am Cup points. Once again, I had trouble down bottom, which took me out of the course. For the second day, I was bumped out of the top seed, and started 26. It wasn’t a big deal, as the snow surface is usually pretty good in Vail. Once again, I started off well with 3rd and 5th on the first two intervals. Unfortunately, I hit a cross rut from the previous day and my skis slapped together. I had a pretty good fall and couldn’t finish the run. It was a crappy, and somewhat unlucky 2 days of ski racing, but as I have said before, that’s just how it is sometimes. At least I know I am skiing well, and the speed is there for the next race.

Over my Christmas break, I was able to get some quality rest, but I also got the chance to ski and train at Wachusett. I skied 2 days of slalom, mostly with the U18s and U16s. After training, I was able to hit the park with my little cousin Liam. I mean, what is a trip to Wachusett without some park laps!? It was a lot of fun skiing at the old hill, and hope to get back there a couple more times this season.

I am now in Solden, Austria training some GS and SG. Next on the race schedule is the Wengen, Switzerland European Cup Downhill!


Here is Bode's winning run from 2007, and the track I will be running next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment