Friday, November 29, 2013

Loveland Nor-Ams


This past weekend were the Opening Nor-Ams at Loveland, CO.  I was lucky to have enough Nor-Am GS points from last year to put me into the top 15 seed in the World Cup field. Had I had 1 less point, I would have been starting 45. The first run went smoothly finishing in 19th place putting myself in a great position for the 2nd run flip 30. I was content with my first run, but I wanted to make a move to get into the top 15. I didn’t hold back at all second run, and luckily, it was clean as well. I carried all of my speed from the pitch to the bottom flats, and kept trying to build speed with every turn. With a 6th place on the second run, I came in 11th overall, scoring a 15-point result.  I was ecstatic to say the least. I feel accomplished by being right in there with top world cuppers such as Phillipp Schoerghofer, Marcel Mathis, and Davide Simoncelli. The Second day did not go as well with a fall on the first run. These first Nor-Ams always have the most stacked fields, and I am happy with where I stand, with my best Nor-Am start ever.

Here is a video of my 2nd place run at the Copper NJR last week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment