Thursday, November 21, 2013

NJR Series


Over the past two days I had my first GS and SL races at Copper Mountain. These races were NJRs, which means anyone under the age of 21 can enter. Monday was the GS and I drew bib #6.  I was training GS well over the past week and I knew I had a chance to throw one in there.  After first run I was sitting in second by just .02 seconds. My goal for second run was to just have a clean run and ski like I had been in training. I did just that with a little bobble midway down the course and finished the race in second place by .27 seconds. With my second place, I scored my second best FIS result ever with a 19. Tuesday was the SL, where I drew bib #4 (luckily). First run went ok, finishing in 7th place. Unfortunately, the snow was not holding up in the slalom very well due to the early season snowmaking. Despite the conditions, I just wanted to finish. For 90% of the run, I was executing my plan, but the gates began to stack up near the finish and caught me off guard. I fell on the third to last gate! It was an unfortunate end to the NJR series but I am now confident I can put together some fast runs. Now I am getting ready for this weekend’s Nor-Am’s at Loveland, Colorado. 

No comments:

Post a Comment