Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Week 2 in Copper

I have now been in Colorado for a week now. I have had 6 days of training and 4 races. Training is starting to go really well and I am making huge gains every day, which is pretty exciting. My first races however did not go that well. Saturday we had 2 Downhill races. I skied pretty descent in both of the runs, but for some reason I just couldn't find the speed, and as a result, I was sloooooow. Sunday we had 2 Super Combine's (1 Super-G run and 1 Slalom run). One SG run I fell and was unable to finish, while the second SG run went well and set me up to start 4th in the SL. The SL run went ok at best. I haven't been able to ski slalom since August because of my back problems, which left me at a disadvantage. Without any good results from the weekend, I am putting these races behind me and getting ready for the next ones! I now have a SG training block with some GS thrown in there as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment